- The library offers exam proctoring free of charge.
- Requests must be received at least one (1) week in advance.
- Sessions will be scheduled during regular library hours.
- All tests must be completed 30 minutes before closing.
- We can accept paper-based tests sent by postal mail or e-mail, or accessed through a website. We do not accept or deliver tests by fax.
- Paper-based tests must be received by the library at least three (3) days before the scheduled test date.
- For online tests, no software may be added to the library’s computers. Computer settings cannot be changed.
- Use of a personal laptop is allowed if your testing institution approves. The library does not provide technical support for personal equipment.
- The library will provide an electrical outlet and free wireless Internet access. Wireless printing is not available. Printing from public computers costs 15 cents per page.
- Proctoring sessions may not be longer than four (4) hours.
- Once your exam has been scheduled, please make arrangements with your testing institution to send exam materials/passwords to your proctoring contact.
- During inclement weather, please call the library at (540)422-8500 to ensure the library is open.
- If the library is closed due to an emergency situation, your proctor will attempt to contact you.
What to Expect
- During your exam, you will be in sight of your proctor. However, the library does not guarantee a private exam room or continuous monitoring during your exam.
- Please arrive promptly for your exam. Bring photo identification; the name on the photo ID must match the name on the exam documents.
- Please bring all necessary supplies with you to your session (pens, pencils, calculator, etc.).
- Exam takers assume the cost of printing or copying their materials at a rate of 15 cents per page, payable at the time of the exam (cash only).
- Proctors cannot interpret test instructions or assist in technical matters for an online test.
- Completed exams may be scanned and emailed to your testing institution. You or your testing institution are responsible for postage required to return your exam by mail. We do not return tests via fax.
- After completing your exam, please contact your testing institution to ensure receipt of your completed exam. Allow a few days for exams returned via postal mail.