John Barton Payne – Guidelines for Use
Organizations using the John Barton Payne Community Hall must observe the following guidelines/regulations:
- All meetings must be open to the public. The Library reserves the right to waive this requirement upon the showing of good cause.
- Organizations using the room shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or handicapped status in the provision of services.
- Occupancy is limited to 100 by order of the Fauquier County Fire Marshal.
- The room may not be scheduled for use on days that the Warrenton library is closed.
- A non-refundable fee is charged for use of the room. However, a credit (good for one year) will be granted if two business days’ notice of cancellation is given. A reservation is not confirmed until staff has approved availability and received payment and a signed reservation form. Please consult the library’s fines and fees schedule for rental rates.
- Organizations may be asked to provide documentation of their non-profit status.
- The room and support facilities are provided “as-is” without warranty of any kind within the designated time period that they are suitable for any particular use or function. Groups and individuals are required to set up for their event, to return furniture and equipment to its original locations, and to leave the room and support facilities clean and in its original state.
- The library reserves the right to request a deposit if it anticipates that an event may result in more than normal wear on the room and / or if any food or beverage (excluding bottled water) will be served. The deposit will be returned if the room is found in good repair, typically within the following business week. Please consult the library’s fines and fees schedule for the deposit amount required.
- Renters are expected to bring their own supplies, including cleaning supplies. Trash cans, trash bags and a vacuum cleaner are provided. Renters must remove all event trash from library premises.
- If damage is incurred beyond the amount of the deposit, users will be charged for any necessary repairs. Organizations using the room assume responsibility for all damages, losses, replacement costs or injuries resulting from use of the facilities from the time they receive the key. Loss of building key must be reported immediately and the applicant will be responsible for associated costs to re-key the building. In the event a group fails to comply with the guidelines, they may also forfeit the opportunity to use FCPL meeting rooms in the future.
- Alcohol, smoking, vaping and use of tobacco are prohibited. Use of the fireplace or open flames for any reason are also prohibited.
- There is no designated parking for the room. Parking may be available on nearby streets and in public lots.
- Wireless Internet access is available; users must agree to the library’s Internet Use Policy.
- Storage facilities for a group’s materials are not provided. The library is not responsible for anything left in the room.
- In the event of inclement weather, the County of Fauquier and/or the Fauquier County Public Library will not be responsible for snow or ice removal. Applicants must accept full responsibility for safely clearing walkways to the facility and must further agree to hold harmless and indemnify the County, its departments, and employees for any claims against them which may arise out of their failure to do so. During severe weather events, please call the library branch or check website for operating status updates. The organization’s representative is responsible for notifying meeting attendees of cancellation due to library closures. If rental is unable to make the arranged date due to inclement weather, a credit (good for one year) may be issued.
- The library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule reservations at any time (or for any reason) if circumstances warrant.