Computers & Wi-Fi
All library locations offer free public computers with Internet access as well as wireless (Wi-Fi). Users agree to abide by the library’s Internet Use policy. You can request a copy of the policy from library staff.
- Use your library card to log on to/reserve a computer; Not eligible for a card? A guest pass will be issued with photo ID.
- Use of the public computers is limited to 120 minutes a day.
- Library software includes Microsoft Office 2013.
- Printing (black and white only) costs 15 cents/page.
- If you need to save files, use a USB storage device or a cloud storage application (Google Drive, Drop Box, etc.).
- To protect your privacy, public computers use Deep Freeze to clear away any personal files – all files are cleared after each computer session.
- In accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the library’s public computers are filtered.
- If you’re not comfortable using a computer, you may want to consult the following resources:
- Hoonuit (formerly known as Atomic Training) – Video tutorials covering PC basics, Microsoft Office, Adobe and more; use in the library or access from home with your library card
- DigitalLearn.org – Short (15 minutes or less) courses covering basic computer skills
- GCF LearnFree.org – From the Goodwill Community Foundation, this site includes courses on Microsoft Office applications
- TechBoomers – Free courses, videos and articles on how to use technology, social media sites, and web services
- The public library wireless network names/SSIDs are as follows:
- John Marshall Library = MARPUB
- Bealeton Library = BEALPUB
- Warrenton Library = WARPUB
- The library uses Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA); ask library staff for the password.
- Printing is not available – if you need to print, use one of the library’s public computers.
- Wireless access is provided to patrons as a public service free of charge on an “as-is” basis with no guarantee and no warranty.
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop/device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the library’s network.
- If you have any questions about the compatibility of your equipment, please consult the product guide, the equipment manufacturer, or the place of purchase. We are unable to provide technical support for customer equipment.
- In accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the library’s public wireless network is filtered.