- AtoZdatabases – Access ~30 million business and executive profiles; ~240 million residents with interests, hobbies and lifestyles information; ~7 million real-time job listings; ~12 million healthcare professionals; and millions of listings for new businesses, movers, and homeowners. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, and employment opportunities | .
- Consumer Reports Online – Get expert reviews and Ratings for health, fitness, and food products from Consumer Reports and read the latest on drugs, hospital safety, and more | .
- Great Courses (via Kanopy) – Numerous lectures available covering fitness, food science and medicine | .
- JSTOR – Aimed at scholars, researchers and students, this digital library of academic journal articles, books and primary sources covers a wide variety of medicine & allied health disciplines including health policy, health sciences and public health | .
- MasterFILE Complete – Offers the largest collection of popular full-text magazines, reference books and other highly-regarded sources from the world’s leading publishers
- OverDrive Magazines (Blue Ridge Download Consortium) – Titles include Clean Eating, Prevention, Runner’s World, Women’s Health and Yoga | .
- Universal Class – Over 500 online continuing education courses covering a wide range of subjects, including health, medicine, fitness and nutrition classes | .
- CDC.gov – Covers health and safety topics
- ClinicalTrials.gov – Lists public and privately supported clinical studies around the world
- Drug Interactions Checker – Enter your prescription and over-the-counter medications to check for any interaction
- Drugs, Herbs and Supplements – Fact sheets on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, dietary supplements and herbal remedies
- FDA.gov – Find recalls and consumer health updates
- Find and Evaluate Health Information on the Web – Learn to find trustworthy health information online
- FTC.gov Health – Find information on health scams
- Healthfinder.gov – Learn about health topics
- Household Products Database – Find safety information and active ingredients for common household products
- Lab Tests Online – Understand your lab tests
- MedlinePlus – Health encyclopedia and information clearinghouse from the National Library of Medicine
- Merck Manual Home Edition – Reference guide to health topics
- Pillbox – Identify pills by description or image
Health Insurance Websites
- Enroll Virginia – Information about applying for health insurance through the federal Health Insurance Marketplace
- Healthcare.gov – Find health coverage and see if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage using the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Health Insurance – Health insurance information from MedlinePlus
- Medicare.gov – Benefits information, drug plans, and more
State & Local Health Information and Services
- Fauquier County Social Services – Benefits and general welfare resources
- SeniorNavigator (part of VirginiaNavigator) – Information for health caregivers and seniors
- Virginia Department of Health – Health topics, data, immunization info and more
- Virginia Health Information – Virginia healthcare and healthcare facility data