Business & Market Research
- Consumer Reports Online – Get the latest reviews and ratings for car insurance, credit cards, banks and credit unions, homeowners insurance and more.
- Great Courses (via Kanopy) – Access lectures covering economics and investing
- OverDrive Magazines (Library of Virginia) – Titles include the Economist, Entrepreneur, Inc. and Kiplinger’s
- Reference Solutions – Data about individuals and businesses for small businesses, nonprofits, and consumers, including current, ad-free job listings; formerly known as ReferenceUSA.
- Universal Class – Starting a business? Access in-depth, continuing education courses covering accounting, business budgeting, payroll management, business writing and more — over 500 courses to choose from!
- Value Line Research Center – Provides investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies. The Library’s subscription includes coverage of 1,700 stocks in The Value Line Investment Survey Plus and 1,800 in the The Small and Mid-Cap edition. To get started, watch a short video overview and read these user guides. IMPORTANT: Our subscription limits the number of simultaneous users. If you’re unable to access the resource, please try again later.
Business Websites (General)
- Business Reference Services (Library of Congress)
- CareerOneStop Business Center (Dept. of Labor)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Google Patent Search
- SCORE – Counselors to America’s Small Business
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Doing Business in Fauquier County
- Fauquier County Chamber of Commerce
- Fauquier County Department of Economic Development
- Fauquier Enterprise Center
- Mason Enterprise Center
- Southern Fauquier Business Owners Association
- Warrenton Lifestyle Business Directory