Business & Market Research
- Accel5 Business Library – Offers a collection of videos, book summaries, and articles that provide insights that help sharpen business skills and keep readers current with powerful insights from the best minds in business. You will be prompted to set up an account in order to access this service.
- AtoZdatabases – Access ~30 million business and executive profiles; ~240 million residents with interests, hobbies and lifestyles information; ~7 million real-time job listings; ~12 million healthcare professionals; and millions of listings for new businesses, movers, and homeowners. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, and employment opportunities | .
- Consumer Reports Online – Get the latest reviews and ratings for car insurance, credit cards, banks and credit unions, homeowners insurance and more | .
- Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) – Provided by the Library of Virginia, this is a self-paced, online course (equivalent of 3 college credits) to learn how to start a business.
- Great Courses (via Kanopy) – Access lectures covering economics and investing | .
- OverDrive Magazines (Blue Ridge Download Consortium) – Titles include the Economist, Entrepreneur, Inc. and Kiplinger’s | .
- Reference Solutions – Data about individuals and businesses for small businesses, nonprofits, and consumers, including current, ad-free job listings; formerly known as ReferenceUSA | .
- Universal Class – Starting a business? Access in-depth, continuing education courses covering accounting, business budgeting, payroll management, business writing and more — over 500 courses to choose from! | .
- Value Line Research Center – Provides investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies. The Library’s subscription includes coverage of 1,700 stocks in The Value Line Investment Survey Plus and 1,800 in the The Small and Mid-Cap edition. To get started, watch a short video overview, view a webinar and/or read these user guides. IMPORTANT: Our subscription limits the number of simultaneous users. If you’re unable to access the resource, please try again later. | .
- Wall Street Journal – Online access to wsj.com, free with your library card!
Business Websites (General)
- Business Reference Services (Library of Congress)
- CareerOneStop Business Center (Dept. of Labor)
- SCORE – Counselors to America’s Small Business
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Doing Business in Fauquier County
- Fauquier County Chamber of Commerce
- Fauquier County Department of Economic Development
- Fauquier Enterprise Center
- Mason Enterprise Center