Reading Riot: Celebrate Teen Tech Week
We all know that teens are on the cutting edge of technology but did you know that the library offers plenty of opportunities for teens to operate that technology?
This is the library’s chance to showcase all of our great digital resources and services that are available to help teens succeed in school and prepare for college and 21st century careers. The library provides a space to extend learning beyond the classroom where teens can explore, create and share content.
Celebrate Teen Tech Week
- Explore the library’s website
- Manage your library account
- Access our research databases
- Get homework help from Literati
- Search a biography database for an article about your favorite musician
- Use our free wi-fi
- Use the public internet computers
- Search for books in our online catalog
- Learn how to download e-books
- Visit the website of your favorite young adult author and send a message
- Check out DVDs or CDs from the library
- Create a YouTube book trailer about your favorite book
- Start a Twitter, Tumblr, or Flickr account to find and share content about a topic you like
To be successful in today’s high tech world, digital literacy skills are a must. So drop in to the library and “get connected.”
Ann McDuffie, Youth Services, Bealeton branch library
For book lists, program highlights and staff suggestions for young adult readers published prior to January 2015, visit Reading Riot, our blog about the best books, events and websites for teen.