MyLibrary! App Now Available
77% of U.S. adults own a smartphone. Most use it to check email, the score from last night’s game and listen to music. Now you can also easily access the library catalog and your Fauquier County Public Library account with the MyLibrary! app.
MyLibrary! enables patrons to search the catalog, place holds, and check fine status. That is just the beginning. Other new features include:
- A convenient social media feed;
- One click access to the library’s online calendar;
- Ability to store your library barcode (when you
forget your library card but not your phone/device);
- Check out e-books and e-audios directly from Overdrive, directly from the app;
- Scanning the ISBN of any book to automatically search the library’s catalog – if the title is available, you can even immediately place a hold on it.
“The MyLibrary! mobile app makes it incredibly easy to request library materials, check out e-books from OverDrive, and manage your library account from your smartphone,” noted Alison Pruntel, the library’s Manager of Technology and Materials. “Our patrons expect to access library services from their phones— we are now able to provide them with an optimal experience. You can even use the app in place of your library card to check out items!”
Mylibrary! is free from the Apple and Android app stores. Once downloaded, users will be prompted to select their library and provide account log-in information.