Homework Help: AccessScience
- What U.S. biologist is a leading authority on ants?
- What four elements were added to the periodic table in 2016?
- How can I make my own white-noise generator?
- What is the Scoville scale and what does it have to do with Sriracha?
Designed to foster scientific interest as well as promote serious scientific scholarship, AccessScience provides you with answers to the above questions, as well as:
- More than 8500 articles and Research Reviews covering all major scientific disciplines and encompassing the “McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology” and the “McGraw-Hill Yearbook of Science and Technology”
- 115,000+ definitions from the “McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms”
- 3000 biographies of well-known scientific figures
- 18,000+ downloadable images and animations illustrating key topics
- Engaging videos highlighting the life and work of award-winning scientists
- Suggestions for further study and additional readings guide users to deeper understanding and research
- Links to citable literature to help users continue their research using primary sources of information
- An interactive citation generator that saves time and effort when preparing papers
- Curriculum maps tied to core content save time for educators
AccessScience can be found on the library’s website under Research > Science & Environment as well as on our Educators > Curriculum Resources: STEM page. You can access this resource from home with your 10-digit library card number.
~ Alison, Electronic Resources Librarian, Fauquier County Public Library