Marshall Evening Book Club
Once a month, join a group of interesting readers at the end of the day for a relaxed discussion of a wide range of titles. With an eclectic assortment of selections that includes classics, fiction, non-fiction and best sellers, titles are sure to appeal to a wide range of readers. Refreshments are provided by Friends of the Library. Books are chosen through popular vote by the members of the group and are read from January through November. A summer picnic and a holiday party are always part of the reading year.
Where: Due to COVID-19, meetings are currently being held virtually. For details about how to join these virtual meetings, please contact Deborah Cosby (email@example.com) or call 540.422-8527.
When: 7 p.m., usually meets the last Monday of the month
More info: 540.422.8527 or e-mail Deborah Cosby, John Marshall Branch Manager
2021 Dates and Selections
- Jan. 25: The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Feb. 22: Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- March 29: The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow
- April 26: Walk Around the Block: Stoplight Secrets, Mischievous Squirrels, Manhole Mysteries & Other Stuff You See Every Day (and Know Nothing About) by Spike Carsen
- May 24: Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teaching of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- June 28: This Tender Land: A Novel by William Kent Krueger
- July 26: O, Pioneers by Willa Cather
- August 30: The Secret Life of Groceries: The Dark Miracle of the American Supermarket by Benjamin Lorr
- Sept. 27: The Kitchen Front: A Novel by Jennifer Ryan
- Oct. 25: Hamnet: A Novel of the Plague by Maggie O’Farrell
- Nov. 29: The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Dec. 20: Holiday Meeting
Selections for July—December 2021 will be announced later in the year.