Marshall Afternoon Book Club
If you like a variety of genres, you will enjoy the eclectic assortment of titles chosen by this book club, including classics, fiction, non-fiction and best sellers.
Once a month, fellow readers meet to discuss a chosen book and related topics. Lively discussions are guaranteed. Refreshments are provided by Friends of the Library. Books are chosen through popular vote by the members of the group and are read from January through November. A summer picnic and a holiday party are always part of the reading year.
Where: Due to COVID-19, meetings are currently being held virtually. For details about how to join these virtual meetings, please contact Deborah Cosby (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540.422.8527.
When: 1 p.m., 2nd Wednesday of the month
More info: 540.422.8527 or e-mail Deborah Cosby, John Marshall Branch Manager
2021 Dates and Selections
- Jan. 13: The Country of the Pointed Firs by Sarah Orne Jewett
- Feb. 10: O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
- March 10: The Overstory: A Novel by Richard Powers
- April 14: Seabiscuit: An American Legend, by Laura Hillenbrand
- May 12: This Tender Land: A novel, by William Kent Krueger
- June 9: Walk Around the Block: Stoplight Secrets, Mischievous Squirrels, Manhole Mysteries & Other Stuff You See Every Day (and Know Nothing About), by Spike Carsen
The complete 2021 book selections and meeting dates will be published soon.