Great Books Club
Where: Warrenton Library Program Room (1st Floor)
When: 7:00 p.m., 1st Mondays of the month
More info: (540) 422-8500, ext. 6862
- Jan.: No meeting
- Feb. 5: The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Mar. 5: “The Moral Sense of Man and the Lower Animals” by Charles Darwin
- Apr. 2: Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog and the Triumph at Ground Zero by Michael Hingson
- May 7: “Of Justice and Injustice” by David Hume
- June 4: “The Power of the Majority” by Seneca the Younger
- July 2: “Individual Freedom“ by Georg Simmel
- Aug. 6: Antigone by Sophocles
- Sept.: No meeting
- Oct. 1: Othello by William Shakespeare
*Indicated a selection drawn from a longer work.
Note: Please ask at the Adult Reference Desk for any items that are not part of the library’s collection.