Take the library with you – download books, magazines and audiobooks to your device. Access research databases and thousands of training videos to help you achieve your academic, career and personal goals!
e-books, e-audio books
Popular reading materials
- OverDrive (Blue Ridge Download Consortium)
Popular fiction and nonfiction titles for adults, teens and children
Large collection of e-audio books (many “always available,” no holds required), as well as classic e-books and popular e-magazines like Vanity Fair and OK! Magazine
- EBSCO eBook Collections:
- Cricket Media Collection – For children in grades pre-k through 8th; Cricket is an internationally recognized education company with award winning print content for children, families and educators. Cricket is focused on engage children in a wide variety of subjects and disciplines helping them explore and expand their worlds
- K-8 Collection – Full-text e-books across all subject areas taught in elementary and middle schools; aligned with the Common Core Curriculum Standards
- High School Collection – Includes a selection of classic literary works, important historical documents and general reference materials
- History Collection – Titles encompass a variety of subjects, including medieval history, history of music, history of science, law in history, history of philosophy, art history, history of technology, history of business and economics, history of religion, military history and more
- World Book Early World of Learning
With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 e-books/stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities; twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English
Check out and download your favorite magazines to your tablet, smartphone or computer with RBdigital Magazines. Titles include Conde Nast Traveler, Vanity Fair, the New Yorker and the Economist.
Items in bold (premium e-resources) require your library card number for access.
- Early World of Learning – World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource, is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts
- Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Training) – Extensive video tutorials covering PC basics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and more
- DigitalLearn.org – Short (15 minutes or less) tutorials covering basic computer/technology skills
- GCF LearnFree.org – From the Goodwill Community Foundation, this site includes interactive lessons on technology/software (keyboarding, using a mouse, etc.) as well as reading, math and “everyday life” skills
- LearningExpress Library – Award-winning, interactive tutorials, practice tests, e-books, flashcards and articles for academic skill-building, standardized test preparation, career development and more
- Rocket Languages – Learn new languages at your own pace; includes downloadable lessons, games and much more
- TechBoomers Over 80 free courses, thousands of articles and videos on how to use technology, social media sites, and web services
- Testing and Education Reference Center – Test preparation for numerous exams for students and professionals
- Transparent Language Online – Interactive language lessons for 90+ languages, including ESL
- Universal Class –Over 500 online continuing education courses covering a wide range of subjects
We offer online resources for research and learning. You can access most of these resources at home with your library card.