Take the library with you – download books, magazines and audiobooks to your device. Watch award-winning documentaries and thousands of high-quality films. Access training videos to help you achieve your academic, career and personal goals!
Instantly borrow free e-books and audiobooks, as well as over 3,000 e-magazines to read on your device or Kindle. Compatible with all smart phones, tablets, computers, and e-readers
- Blue Ridge Download Consortium (includes extra copies exclusively for Fauquier Public Library cardholders)
- Find It Virginia (for Virginians of all ages; add this collection in the Libby app by choosing “add library” and typing “Library of Virginia” and then adding your library card)
- Early Learning by World Book
With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 e-books/stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities; twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English | .
- Junior Library Guild Digital Catalog – An unlimited synchronous access collection of ebooks and eAudio for students K-12; content is refreshed every 30 days so there is always something new to read. If you get prompted for a login (or want to use the JLGDig app via Apple and Google Play), please use the following for both a username and password: VirginiaReader
- TumbleBook Library – An online collection of animated, talking picture books; features Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, and exciting games and puzzles | .
- Early Learning by World Book
A collection of nearly 30,000 movies and other videos that inspire, educate and entertain – there something for everyone! Your FPL library card gives you access to six (6) movies credits, three (3) The Great Courses and unlimited Kanopy Kids each month. Many of Kanopy’s videos are not available on Netflix or any other streaming video platform, and the experience is easy-to-use and completely advertisement free.
Getting Started with Kanopy Streaming Video | Access Kanopy Mobile apps | .
Just for Kids – Educational videos children want to watch – Sesame Street, The Electric Company, Reading Rainbow, the Berenstain Bears, Franklin, and thousands more – plus songs, games, story times and other interactives that are sure to entertain, educate, and inspire young children | .
OverDrive Video (Blue Ridge Download Consortium only)
Borrow and watch free shows, movies, and more whenever you have an internet connection. Videos will play either in the OverDrive app (on Android, iOS, and Fire devices) or right in your web browser.
Getting Started with OverDrive Streaming Video | Download the OverDrive app | .
Items in bold (premium e-resources) require your library card number for access.
- Early World of Learning – A child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts | .
- DigitalLearn.org – Short (15 minutes or less) tutorials covering basic computer/technology skills
- GCF LearnFree.org – From the Goodwill Community Foundation, this site includes interactive lessons on technology/software (keyboarding, using a mouse, etc.) as well as reading, math and “everyday life” skills
- Great Courses (via Kanopy) – Delve into an immersive learning experience, covering a wide variety of subjects, with the world’s most engaging professors | .
- Infobase Learning Cloud – Extensive video tutorials covering PC basics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and more; formerly known as Hoonuit | .
- LearningExpress Library – Support for students and professionals in skill-building, test prep and career certification | .
- Peterson’s Test Prep – Test preparation for students and professionals and college and career planning guides | .
- Rocket Languages – Learn new languages at your own pace; includes downloadable lessons, games and much more | .
- Transparent Language Online – Interactive language lessons for 90+ languages, including ESL; mobile app available | .
- Universal Class –Over 500 online continuing education courses covering a wide range of subjects | .