Take the library with you – download books, magazines and audiobooks to your device. Watch your favorite British TV series, award-winning documentaries or a full-length concert. Access thousands of training videos to help you achieve your academic, career and personal goals!
Instantly borrow free e-books and audiobooks, as well as over 3,000 e-magazines to read on your device or Kindle. Compatible with all smart phones, tablets, computers, and e-readers.
- Blue Ridge Download Consortium (includes extra copies exclusively for Fauquier Public Library cardholders)
- Find It Virginia (for Virginians of all ages; add this collection in the Libby app by choosing “add library” and typing “Library of Virginia” and then adding your library card)
- Early Learning by World Book
With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 e-books/stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities; twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English
- EBSCO eBook Collections:
- Cricket Media Collection – For children in grades pre-k through 8th; Cricket is an internationally recognized education company with award winning print content for children, families and educators. Cricket is focused on engage children in a wide variety of subjects and disciplines helping them explore and expand their worlds
- K-8 Collection – Full-text e-books across all subject areas taught in elementary and middle schools; aligned with the Common Core Curriculum Standards
- High School Collection – Includes a selection of classic literary works, important historical documents and general reference materials
- History Collection – Titles encompass a variety of subjects, including medieval history, history of music, history of science, law in history, history of philosophy, art history, history of technology, history of business and economics, history of religion, military history and more
- Junior Library Guild Digital Catalog – An unlimited synchronous access collection of ebooks and eAudio for students K-12; content is refreshed every 30 days so there is always something new to read!
- TumbleBook Library – An online collection of animated, talking picture books; features Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, and exciting games and puzzles
- Early Learning by World Book
A collection of nearly 30,000 movies and other videos that inspire, educate and entertain – there something for everyone! Your FPL library card gives you access to six (6) movies credits, three (3) The Great Courses and unlimited Kanopy Kids each month. Many of Kanopy’s videos are not available on Netflix or any other streaming video platform, and the experience is easy-to-use and completely advertisement free.
Getting Started with Kanopy Streaming Video | Access Kanopy Mobile apps
OverDrive Video (Blue Ridge Download Consortium only)
Borrow and watch free shows, movies, and more whenever you have an internet connection. Videos will play either in the OverDrive app (on Android, iOS, and Fire devices) or right in your web browser.
Getting Started with OverDrive Streaming Video | Download the OverDrive app
Check out seven (7) days of unlimited access to a variety of services, including:
- Acorn TV – World-class mysteries, dramas, and comedies from Britain and beyond, including 80+ exclusive shows and a full slate of original programming
- Stingray Qello – Over 1,500 full-length concerts and music documentaries spanning over 30 genres from the 1920s to today’s hottest artists
Items in bold (premium e-resources) require your library card number for access.
- Early World of Learning – World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource, is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts
- DigitalLearn.org – Short (15 minutes or less) tutorials covering basic computer/technology skills
- GCF LearnFree.org – From the Goodwill Community Foundation, this site includes interactive lessons on technology/software (keyboarding, using a mouse, etc.) as well as reading, math and “everyday life” skills
- Great Courses (via Kanopy) – Delve into an immersive learning experience, covering a wide variety of subjects, with the world’s most engaging professors
- Infobase Learning Cloud – Extensive video tutorials covering PC basics, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and more; formerly known as Hoonuit
- Learn It Live (RBdigital) – Discover hundreds of expert-led programs covering topics on cooking, nutrition, child care, financial wellness, fitness, yoga, mindfulness, stress reduction, and much more
- LearningExpress Library – Support for students and professionals in skill-building, test prep and career certification
- Method Test Prep (RBdigital) – Comprehensive self-paced program for ACT, SAT, proven to raise scores
- Peterson’s Test Prep – Test preparation for students and professionals and college and career planning guides
- Rocket Languages – Learn new languages at your own pace; includes downloadable lessons, games and much more
- TechBoomers Over 80 free courses, thousands of articles and videos on how to use technology, social media sites, and web services
- Transparent Language Online – Interactive language lessons for 90+ languages, including ESL; mobile app available
- Universal Class –Over 500 online continuing education courses covering a wide range of subjects