Consumer Reports July 2018: Planning for a Road Trip
The July issue of Consumer Reports is now available at your local Fauquier County Public Library. Here’s a look inside this month’s issue.
This month’s cover article is “Road Trip!” In addition to ratings of the best road trip vehicles in several categories–SUV, luxury SUV, minivan, car, luxury car, and pickup truck, it also provides tips to help you prepare, including:
- Check your car before leaving
- Assemble an emergency car and first-aid kit
- Protect your pets
- The best snacks to bring, and much more.
Did you know that you should use sunscreen any time you plan to be in the sun for longer than a few minutes? If you don’t know which kind of sunscreen you need–which SPF number, very water-resistant, sport or natural, check out “Shop Smarter for Sunscreen.” The article explains these terms and includes ratings for sunscreens, lotions and sprays, as well as stick and lip balms.
Also in this issue:
- “Heart Surgery Safety Guide”
- “What Memories are Made Of”–ways to preserve old film rolls, videocassette tapes, etc.
- Barrel and kettle charcoal grill ratings
- Fuel efficiency in hybrid cars, plug-in hybrids, compact SUVs and subcompact cars ratings
Each branch of the Fauquier County Library has the print issues of Consumer Reports from 2013 up to the current issue. The Find It Virginia databases have an index to the issues from February 1, 1976 to the current issue, and the full-text of the reviews from January 1, 1999 to June 1, 2009. You can access Find It Virginia from any library computer, or from home with your Fauquier County Public Library card. You can also see past summaries of Consumer Reports prepared by library staff online.