Catalog Tip: Preferred Searches
- Log in to your account (enter library card number and PIN);
- Search for your favorite author or subject;
- When your results are displayed and you’ve selected the author/subject you’re interested in, click the button marked “Save as preferred search;”
- Next, click on “Return To Your Record” to view your account;
- Select “Preferred Searches” to see the authors, topics, etc., you’ve set in step 3;
- Check the “Mark for Email” box and be sure that your patron record information includes your current email address. When a new title is added to the collection, you’ll receive an email alerting you to the new title as well as a link to click so you can place a hold.
Going forward, any time you log in to your account, click on the search link associated with any of the preferred search terms in your list to quickly execute your search.
~ Alison, Electronic Resources Librarian, Fauquier County Public Library