Catalog Tip: MyLibrary! app
Looking for a mobile-friendly way to use the library’s online catalog? Want to store your library account information in your phone? Wish you could to see your OverDrive checkouts and holds and your checkouts/holds from the library all in one place? There’s an app for that!
The MyLibrary! app allows library patrons to:
- Quickly search the library catalog, request materials
- Scan any book’s ISBN barcode with the device camera. A search for the title is automatically launched in the library catalog and, if the title is available, the patron can immediately place a hold on it.
- Place holds, check out and check in digital content from OverDrive directly from the app, without going to a third-party app or website.
- View your account information, including profile information, checked-out items, holds, and current fines/fees owed.
- Renew eligible checked-out items, cancel holds, and change hold pickup locations.
- Scan/store your library card barcode number in the app – if you forget your card (but not your phone) – you can quickly check out!
- Get one-click access to the library’s calendar of events.
- Connect with the library via Facebook (default feed), Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, etc.
To download/install the app:
- iOS (v. 8+) – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mylibrary/id1029117600?ls=1&mt=8
- Android (v. 4.0.3+) – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innovative.mylibrary
Once installed, you will be prompted once to select your library and provide/store your account login-in information (library barcode and PIN).