Catalog Tip: Manage Your Library Account Online
You don’t need to call or visit the library to find out how many books you have checked out or to place a hold. If you have your library card and PIN (you can create one on-the-fly if you don’t have one), you can log in via the library’s website and take care of business.
With your online account, you can:
- Access your library record from any computer or mobile device
- Renew items you have checked out
- Place holds on items
- Freeze holds (and your place in line) while you’re out of town
- See if you owe any fines/fees
- Confirm your library card expiration date
- Keep track of your reading history
- Create personalized reading lists
- Sign up for alerts when new items are added by your favorite authors
- Modify your personal information on file, such as your phone number or e-mail address
- Add your mobile number to receive text notices
Don’t have a library card? Apply for one online or at any Fauquier library.
~ Alison, Electronic Resources Librarian, Fauquier County Public Library