Holidays & Closings
Fauquier County libraries observe most federal and state holidays.
During inclement weather, the library closes when county offices close. Weekday closures are announced on network television stations, many radio stations and on the county website. On weekends and evenings, call (540) 422-8500 to confirm the library’s planned hours of operation. Up to the minute closings can also be found on our Facebook page.
The libraries will be closed on the following dates for the remainder of 2019 and 2020:
- Tuesday, Dec. 24
- Wednesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas)
- Tuesday, Dec. 31, closing at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, Jan. 20 (Martin Luther King Day)
- Monday, Feb. 17 (President’s Day)
- Sunday, April 12 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 24
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, July 3 (All County offices closed)
- Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Sunday, Sept. 6
- Monday, Sept. 7 (Labor Day)
- Monday, Oct. 12 (Columbus Day)
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 (Veterans Day)
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 – John Marshall closed; Bealeton and Warrenton close at noon
- Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, Nov. 27 (All County offices closed)
- Thursday, Dec. 24
- Friday, Dec. 25 (Christmas)