At its latest meeting, the Mystery Book Club discussed The Case of the Murderous Dr. Cream: The Hunt for a Victorian Era Serial Killer. This was a true-crime narrative about the hunt for one of the first known serial killers, whose poisoning spree in the US, Canada, and England coincided with the birth of forensic science as well as the public’s growing appetite for crime fiction.
Here’s what members of the Mystery Book Club had to say about The Case of the Murderous Dr. Cream:
What We Liked
- It was a piece of history that we weren’t familiar with, so that was interesting
- Research was well done
Wouldn’t it be great to access your library account at any time, from anywhere – the soccer field, standing in line at the grocery store or while cooking dinner? Now you can with a new and improved mobile app from Fauquier Public Library.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Search the catalog, place holds, renew materials and more directly from your smartphone.
- Use the Managed Accounts feature to add family members’ accounts so you can manage their holds, renew checkouts and more!
- Store your library barcode (when you forget your library card but not your phone/device).
- Access “new and notable” items added to the library’s collection.
The app is available for download in the app store or Google Play – search for “Fauquier public library.”
Questions? Stop by the reference desk at your local library.
*The MyLibrary Mobile app will continue to function, however, for the best experience, MyLibrary Mobile App users are encouraged to install the new mobile app.