Like It or Love It: Clark and Division (3.17.2022)
Here’s what members of the Mystery Book Club had to say about Clark and Division:
- Historically interesting and historically correct.
- The ending was a surprise.
- By the end we were invested in the main character’s life.
What We Didn’t Like
- More history than mystery.
- A glossary of Japanese words would have been helpful.
- May have soft pedaled the horrors of the interment camps while rushing to get to the mystery.
Similar books available from Fauquier Public Library include:
- Daughter of Moloka’i by Alan Brennert
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka
- We Are Not Free by Traci Chee (young adult)
- They Called us Enemy by George Takei (graphic novel)
If you enjoy a good mystery, the Mystery Book Club welcomes new members! Meetings are currently being held virtually. For details about how to join these virtual meetings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540.422.8500, ext. 2.
Looking for your next great read? Browse the library’s catalog, or try our BookMatch Reader’s Advisory Service and let us do the “browsing” for you! Complete the online BookMatch form and we will create a customized reading list of up to 10 titles.