Like It or Love It: Girl Waits With Gun
At its latest meeting, the Mystery Book Club discussed Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart. It’s the first book in Kopp Sisters series. The book is based on the true story of one of the US’s first female deputy sheriffs, Constance Kopp. In 1914, when a ruthless silk factory owner runs down their buggy, a dispute starts between the three Kopp sisters and the factory owner and his gang. Can Constance, assisting the local sheriff, outwit the gang before they harm her family?
Here’s what members of the Mystery Book Club had to say about Girl Waits With Gun:
- Good writing and good ending to the book
- Based on real-life persons
- Strong female main character
What We Didn’t Like
- More historical fiction than mystery
- Some unlikely and unbelievable events
Other similar mysteries available from Fauquier Public Library include:
- A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
- Girl in Disguise by Greer Macallister
- Murder in Murray Hill by Victoria Thompson
- Snobbery With Violence by Marion Chesney
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
If you enjoy a good mystery, the Mystery Book Club welcomes new members! Meetings are currently being held virtually. For details about how to join these virtual meetings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540.422.8500, ext. 3.
Looking for your next great read? Browse the library’s catalog, or try our BookMatch Reader’s Advisory Service and let us do the “browsing” for you! Complete the online BookMatch form and we will create a customized reading list of up to 10 titles.