Press Release: Update on Library Covid-19 Operations
Library Branches Re-Open for Browsing
(Warrenton, VA) March 9, 2021 – Fauquier Public Library will re-open its buildings to the public on Monday, March 15, 2021.
The Library Board’s decision to re-open reflects subsiding local COVID-19 cases.
The library closed on December 28, 2020 because of rising virus trends and area infection rates.
Patrons have since relied on curbside and online services for library materials and information.
“We look forward to welcoming everyone back on March 15th,” says Maria Del Rosso, Library Director. “The pandemic posed many challenges in the past year but we tried to focus on what we can do rather on what we can’t. Sometimes that has meant access to online resources and curbside service only, but throughout we have prioritized the safety of our customers and our staff.”
Library hours are Monday-Wednesday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Thursday –Friday 10 a.m. -5 p.m.; and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The library is always open online at fauquierlibrary.org, Del Rosso pointed out.
In making the announcement, she also noted the following:
- Curbside service is available during library hours.
- Book drops are open.
- Overdue fees are suspended.
- Wifi can be accessed 24/7 from outside library buildings using the passwords posted on library doors.
- Reference services are available in person, online and via phone during normal business hours.
- Computer stations are available at all locations. Sessions may be limited depending on demand.
To protect patrons and staff a number of safety measures are in effect, Del Rosso said.
- Occupancy limits are in place.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
- All programs remain online.
- Meeting rooms are closed to the public.
- Book donations are not accepted.
The Library Board expects the library to remain open as long as COVID case counts remain at acceptable levels.
“We look forward to seeing our patrons again. We’ve missed them and we know that they’ve missed us,” said Del Rosso.
Find additional information about services and resources available from Fauquier Public Library can be found on our website.