Operations Update: Library Branches Return to Curbside-Only Service
Update on Library COVID-19 Operations
December 22, 2020
After careful consideration, beginning Monday, December 28, 2020, Fauquier Public Library will close its doors to the public and return to offering only curbside pickup service.
In making the decision, the Library Board relied on information from the Fauquier County Health Department and the Rappahannock-Rapidan Health District about virus trends, area infection rates, testing capacity and hospital capacity.
Elevated COVID numbers are not the only concern. We have also seen a rising numbers of customers visiting the library without masks, exacerbating the potential for germ spread. Although we are dedicated to serving the Fauquier community, continuing to offer full service at this time is too great a risk to both patrons and staff.
- Library hours will remain the same
- Book drops will remain open
- Overdue fees will continue to be waived
- Wifi can be accessed 24/7 from outside library buildings using the passwords posted on library doors
- Reference services are available online and via phone during normal business hours. To submit a reference question or request assistance finding books, email email@example.com or call 540.422-8500 ext. 3
- Online services, including e-books, e-audio, e-magazines and streaming services are available 24/7 with a library card
The Library Board will reassess the COVID situation in early January 2021 to determine if it is safe to re-open the buildings to the public.
Curbside Pickup: How It Works
- Place a hold on materials you want to check out using the library’s website, the MyLibrary! Mobile app or by calling your nearest library location.
- Watch for a text or email notification that your materials are ready for pickup.
- Once notified, come to the pickup location you selected and call the number listed below to let library staff know you are here.
- Materials will be brought to tables outside the library entrance for pickup.
Curbside Pickup: Locations
Warrenton central library, Winchester Street entrance
Call 540.422.8500 ext. 1 when you arrive
Bealeton branch library
Call 540.422.8500 ext. 2 when you arrive
John Marshall branch library
Call 540.422.8500 ext. 5 when you arrive
Curbside Pickup: Hours
Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.