Get Personalized Career Assistance With Peterson’s Career Prep
Are you looking for a new career? Trying to figure out what job best matches your unique skill set? Peterson’s Career Prep – now available from Fauquier Public Library – can help.
Peterson’s Career Prep is a new, innovative online career assessment platform that provides job seekers access to online career development tools anytime, anywhere. Access is free to Fauquier Public Library cardholders.
Key features of Peterson’s Career Prep include:
- VisualCV Resume Writing tool: Produce visually interesting resumes and cover letters, access resume samples from 5,000 industries, and create free websites to share your resume externally with prospective employers.
- PathwayU Career Assessments: Contains four in-depth assessments aligned around a user’s interests, values, personality and workplace preferences, driving personalized career recommendations. The tool also presents users with college recommendations and provides an easy way to request additional information directly from those schools.
- Career Database: Access career information that utilizes the most recent data available from O*NET and the U.S. Department of Labor. Potential career matches are suggested based on a user’s assessment results; view suggestions by job title or subject area. Military “crosswalks” are included to help individuals transitioning out of the military translate their skills to civilian occupations.
- Job Search: Job listings are sourced from Indeed.com and updated daily. Users can also limit results to employment type (i.e., internship, part-time, full-time) and look for job listings that align with their assessment results.
- Career Advice: Includes a content library with helpful articles and tips focused on writing resumes and cover letters, networking and interviewing. Content is written in a friendly, conversational tone. Bonus worksheets and workbooks can be downloaded to dig deeper into career exploration or assessment results.