Library Expands COVID-19 Operations
Update On Library Operations
July 6, 2020
All Fauquier Public Library locations are offering curbside service and accepting appointments to use the public computers during the following hours:
- Monday through Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Closed Sunday
A mask is required to enter the library. If you do not have a mask or a face covering, one will be provided for you.
Contact-free curbside service remains available during operating hours – click here for complete details on curbside service.
- Picking up holds through curbside service.
- Using computers by appointment (stations are sanitized between customers). Call to schedule an appointment.
- Returning materials during branch hours using outside book drops only.
- Accessing 24/7 WiFi from outside the library buildings (passwords are posted on the door)
Limitations & Restrictions
- Computer appointments will be for 90 minute sessions.
- Face coverings are required for customers 10 and older. Disposable masks will be provided for patrons who do not have one.
- Story Times and events remain online only. See our 2020 Summer @ the Library Calendar of Events for details.
- Library collections remain closed for browsing.
- Meeting rooms, study rooms and the Virginiana Room remain closed.
- Interlibrary Loans are not available.
How will social distancing be enforced?
Furniture and public computers have been removed or rearranged to help maintain six feet between people. Plexiglas shields have been installed at select service points and floor markers help maintain proper distancing. We ask patrons to please respect these measures for the safety of our staff and other patrons.
What sanitization is being done to protect customers?
In addition to quarantining all materials for longer than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, enhanced cleaning measures have been employed.
Why aren’t you open normal hours?
We have a multi-stage plan and are working to restore service as efficiently, effectively and safely as is practical. At this time we are open for computer appointments during reduced hours of operation. Use of library computers, and curbside pickup are available at the following times:
Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
When do you expect to resume full services?
We don’t know. Fauquier Public Library staff are eager to resume services when we can safely do so. The library’s Board of Trustees is monitoring local conditions and will increase available library services as local conditions permit.
I returned a book but it still says it’s checked out. Is it lost? What happened?
We are quarantining items for 72 hours after they are returned. You can expect at least a four-day delay before your account is updated. No overdue fines for any materials due after March 15 are being charged at this time.
Why can’t I return books after hours?
Fauquier Public Library is only accepting returns during operating hours because it allows staff to guarantee that every returned item has been quarantined according to CDC guidelines and to prevent the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
I have books to donate. Where and when can I drop them off?
Please hold on to any donations right now. We have limited staff to receive and process them. Watch our website, emails and social media for updates.
What is happening with library programs?
Is the Summer Reading Program being offered this year?
Absolutely! A Summer of Opportunities, the 2020 summer reading program, is currently going on – all online! All ages can join by registering online or downloading the READsquared app (available free from the app store). A wide range of virtual programs is being offered. Learn more about programs, including detailed descriptions and how to access programs on-demand, in the 2020 Summer @ the Library Calendar of Events.