COVID-19 Library Operations Update
All Fauquier Public Library locations closed to the public on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5 p.m. and remain closed until further notification.
Materials can still be checked out using curbside pickup beginning Wednesday, March 18.
How Does Curbside Pickup Work?
Think of it like ordering ahead at the grocery store and follow these easy steps:
- Place a hold on the materials you want to check out. Use the library’s website, the MyLibrary! Mobile app or call 540.422.8500 option 3 to place a hold.
- Watch for a text or email notification that your materials are ready for pickup.
- Once notified that your materials are available, please come to the location you chose for curb-side pickup.
- When you arrive, call the number listed below for your pickup location.
- Materials will be labeled and arranged in alphabetical order on tables outside the library.
Curbside Pickup Locations
Warrenton central library, Winchester Street entrance
Call 540.422.8500 option 1 when you arrive.
Bealeton branch library:
Call 540.422.8500 option 2 when you arrive.
Curbside Pickup Hours
Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In addition to curbside pickup, the library will offer online and phone reference services during the same hours. To submit a reference question or request assistance finding books, email email@example.com or call 540.422-8500 option 3.
The Fine Print
- Returns: All exterior book drops are closed at this time. If you have items due, please keep your items until further notice.
- Fines and Fees: Overdue fines are waived on items due after March 16, 2020.
- Mobile hotspots: These are not available for curbside pickup.
Our online services, including e-books, e-audio, e-magazines and streaming services are available 24/7 with your library card. We encourage patrons to explore the many options that remain available from their local library during this time.
The following programs and services are suspended until further notice:
- Library Events and Programs
- Tax Assistance: If you had a tax assistance appointment, you will notified by The Foundation for Tax Assistance to reschedule your appointment. You can also contact the Foundation at 540.878.8822.
- Library meeting rooms and rentals of the John Barton Payne Bldg. and Bealeton Depot
- The Book Cellar, operated by Friends of the Fauquier Library
- Book Donations
- Interlibrary loans
Fauquier Public Library continues to assess COVID-19 Coronavirus information day by day. Please watch the library’s website and follow us on social media for updates as the situation develops.