Early Learning by World Book
Early Learning by World Book is an immersive early childhood digital resource for young learners eager to explore information about the world around them. The site features content organized by topic of interest and relevance to young learners, from dinosaurs to tough trucks, and includes 12 stories in Spanish and English. Short bursts of content supports “micro-learning,” and read-aloud with word-by-word highlighting makes the content accessible to all children as they learn their colors, numbers, and more while having fun. Classic songs, nursery rhymes, and fairy tales complete the program.
- Educates and nurtures children’s natural curiosity about the world around them.
- Empowers children to be able to use the site on their own, without needing adult guidance.
- Assists educators with information about World Book’s Guided Reading Program, lesson plans, downloadables and other educator materials.
- Device agnostic so it looks great on a phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
- Accessible to students of all abilities as well as be Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 AA compliant.
VIDEOS & IMAGES: 125+ videos and 350+ photos build upon core background knowledge to support early development by incorporating real-world examples of themes and objects found within the main topical content worlds.
GAMES: Through gamification, users can practice problem solving and critical thinking while absorbing information about a topic through active learning. Choose from True/False games, 3 levels of Concentration games, and more!
STORIES: 89 narrated stories teach early childhood themes. These contain stories in English and Spanish, nursery rhymes and songs. Includes a leveled reading program aimed at guiding emerging readers through increasing Lexile reading levels.
ACTIVITIES: 400+ activities such as coloring, paint by number, connecting-the-dots and more are accessible online as well as printable. These activities build upon the ideas and themes covered in the curriculum.